When l heard of a Kaftan Festival taking place in Westfield's Shepard Bush, my sister and me were excited as we rarely see Middle-Eastern fashions shows and designers showcasing in the UK. Thanks to Ziryab Fashion Show they brought us just that.
I've always taken an interest in Middle-Eastern fashion, more than Asian fashion not only due to taking inspiration for the modest elements but because it's always been more practical to extravagant Asian fashion at times.
I reported live from the event and here's a little snippet to tickle your taste buds and an overview of the event before l give you the low down on the modest trends!
Everyday Middle-Eastern Fashion trends
For your casual Middle-Eastern fashion trends you can wear every day I've got some suggests for you to be wearing this spring and summer.
- 2 Sisters - long loose dresses with floral patterns are in. To give you an ethnic touch add borders which Asians and Arabs seen to love when completing the look of an outfit.
- Mai Ka - It's all about practical, posh and office wear capes. I particularly loved the two-tone cap by Mai Ka with on-trend collar blouse. An ideal outfit for modest and trends work wear.
- Zaeem Jamal - No Middle-Eastern fashion show is complete without showcasing kaftans. A simple cream kaftan is on trend in Asia and Middle-East. Add neck detailing or jewellery to finish it off nicely. I loved the neckline on Zaeem Jamal's cream kaftan above.
- Oyoon Elzeen - A jacket kaftan is on the cards too. It's ideal if you're going out for dinner and just want to slip on something nice but don't like to stand out from the crowd. And a great touch with leather look trousers!
Party & Special Occasion Fashion Trends
If your looking for fashion ideas for parties, weddings or even Eid, then l've got something slightly different from the Ziryab Fashion Show.
- Aisha Kabital - Nude, cream or off-white tailored silk gowns with embroidered or beaded detailing are on trend for if you're looking for an outfit for a special occasion.
- La'Besa - Net and organza frocks are for spring and summer parties are a must to look the part!
- Anniesa Fashion - If you're looking for a wedding, detailed jacket dress gowns are a big hit with the fashion designers and a popular feature on the runways.
Let's hope the organisers come back next year for Kaftan Festival 2016.
A big thank you to Shahid Malik for the photography and all his help pre and post event.
Hi, I hope you're enjoying the magazine, as much as I loved sharing the hidden fashion gems and supporting women promoting their fashion business. I'm always on the lookout for inspirational women running or thinking of starting up a fashion business. If you're one, please get in touch and you can join me at one of my exclusive meetups for women with fashion businesses.